Introduction
For the last 2 seasons, I have been developing and using a football prediction algorithm; mostly to beat my friends in prediction leagues but also due to my own curiosity about how much a result can be preset before the game and if shock results are as shocking as they seem. I have decided to start writing about it now because; I’m about to make some huge changes to not only the algorithm used but the attributes and accuracy methods. I’ve also been slowly looking at and analysing other stats and information to try and explain some of the less straightforward decision clubs (specifically my own team - Huddersfield Town) make, as well as why some teams are doing well while others struggle.
For me blogging about these changes allows me to start doing that more formally, while giving my friends and family a break from my constant “statistics and computer science nonsense”.
For me blogging about these changes allows me to start doing that more formally, while giving my friends and family a break from my constant “statistics and computer science nonsense”.
Comments
Post a Comment